Android Kitkat 4.4.4 has been released officially on air on some smartphones including but not limited to Moto G, Moto X, Moto E and nexus devices. We list you the change log, pros and cons of Android Kitkat 4.4.4. Including this we also include how to include Android Kitkat 4.4.4.
Android Kitkat 4.4.4 has Android Kitkat has been officially launched last year and now Google has officially launched Android Kitkat’s next update 4.4.4. Though the update has been officially launched over a month ago, it is now being distributed on air directly to your smartphones. The Android Kitkat 4.4.4 can be directly updated from it’s previous versions Android Kitkat 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 by the smartphones. You can directly connect your smartphone to Wi-Fi or network and perform the update.
I updated my Moto G few days ago and there are only a small number of changes in the new Android system. The update has been officially launched in India and updation of Android Kitkat 4.4.4 is easy.
How to update your Moto or Nexus phone to Android Kitkat 4.4.4?
It is very easy to update to Android Kitkat 4.4.4. I list you the steps to update Android Kitkat 4.4.4 below.
- Go to menu and open the system settings.
- Go to system updates in About phone.
- Select “Yes, I’m in.”
- Select the setting of only Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi and network.
- If your network or Wi-Fi disconnects don’t worry the Android Kitkat 4.4.4 update pauses and resumes automatically when connected. (I updated my Moto G in two days pausing and resuming WI-Fi as per convenience.)
- Note: Don’t shut down your phone while updating.
- Size of Moto G Android Kitkat 4.4.4 update: 163.6 MB.
- After downloading update click in the notification area or in system updates in settings in menu. (Be sure you have sufficient battery. Not much is needed but don’t install when mobile is in low battery state).
- The phone automatically switches off and then the update gets installed and the phone restarts.
10. A cross verification to see is that in “About phone” in system settings in Android version comes listed as “Android 4.4.4″.
11. Download time: Depends on speed of network or Wi-Fi.
12. Install time: About 10 minutes.
Android Kitkat 4.4.4 Changelog
There are a numerous changes in Android Kitkat 4.4.4. Once you update your phone you will see many enhancements to your phone including
- Many bug fixes
- Accuracy improvements to power profile, framework, several stability and security fixes including update to OpenSSL.
- If you noticed, Android Kitkat 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 didn’t have the ability to pause video while recording. Android Kitkat 4.4.4 has included this option.
- Phone dialer, call logs and contacts have been updated with a new graphical layout and improved colors.
- New emergency application, “Motorola Alert” can now be downloaded free from Google Play Store (only for Moto Android Kitkat 4.4.4 updates).
More information about Android Kitkat 4.4.4 update for Moto G can be found in Motorola’s FAQ support page.
Android Kitkat 4.4.4 update cons or problems for Moto G, Moto X and Moto E
- Lets first talk about Motorola’s flagship phone, the Moto X. Being the flagship phone Moto X Android Kitkat 4.4.4 should have come the quickest. But the update came came a little late for this flagship phone. Also there were a lot of complaints regarding this update for Moto X. The update seems to have done more wrong, seriously affecting Moto X’s battery life. It drains a lot quicker now. So for Moto X users it is best to avoid this update and wait for this issue to be resolved. Or Android-L is just around the corner.
- Now moving on to Moto G. The update to this phone is as perfect as the smartphone itself. Moto G’s Android Kitkat 4.4.4 update is without any problems and also it arrived the quickest. No drain in battery life, no bugs everything works as buttery as it used to work before the update for Moto G. So don’t waste any time and update soon.
- For the Moto E also, there doesn’t seem any problem with the update. Moto E Android Kitkat 4.4.4 update is of no problem and you shouldn’t hesitate to update your phone to the next level if it is Moto G or Moto E.
So that’s all about the new Android Kitkat 4.4.4 update for Moto G, Moto X and Moto E. If you have any problems you are welcome to ask them. You are also welcome to comment on your new update and how you liked it or disliked it.